Affordable Rental Housing Program
The GLO is administering the Multifamily Affordable Rental Housing Program. This program provides a total of $250 million for the rehabilitation, reconstruction, and new construction of affordable multifamily housing projects in areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey. The maximum award for any applicant/development is $25 million.
2018 MULTIFAMILY UNIFORM APPLICATION - Part A
2018 MULTIFAMILY UNIFORM APPLICATION - Part B
2018 MULTIFAMILY UNIFORM APPLICATION - Part C
2018 Affordable Rental Program Request for Applications
Affordable Rental Program Brief
Affordable Rental Program FAQ
- Development must meet CDBG-DR eligibility requirements;
- Development must be in a CDBG-DR eligible county;
- Minimum of 51 percent of the units must be restricted for twenty (20) or more years of an affordability period for low- to moderate-income (LMI) individuals earning 80 percent or less of the Area Median Family Income (AMFI) at affordable rents;
- The affordable rents must comply with HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Rents and other existing Land Use Restriction Agreement (LURA) restrictions, if applicable;
- Multifamily rental development is eight or more rental units under common ownership; and
- Project construction must be completed within 18 months of the effective date of the contract.
**Developments located within the city limits of Houston and/or within Harris County are ineligible.
Schedule of events:
|GLO to host application workshops in Dickinson, Beaumont, Wharton, Rockport, Conroe and Austin|
July 12-18, 2018
|90-day Application Submission Period Begins||July 23, 2018|
Priority Submission Deadline for Rehabilitation Applications
August 22, 2018 at
12:00 p.m. CDT
Priority Submission Deadline for Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Applications
September 21, 2018 at
2:00 p.m. CDT
|Final Submission Deadline for All Applications||October 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. CT|
Note: The GLO reserves the right to modify these dates at any time prior to the deadline for submission of Applications upon notice posted on the GLO's texasrebuilds.org website.
For program specific questions relating to the application please use the following:
Subject line: Affordable Rental Program RFA